Are you on the lookout for a bargain? Usually you’d have to wait until Black Friday or the New Year Sales, but Amazon Prime Day can help with your summer bargain hunting!
The 24-hour Amazon Prime Day sale will include over 100,000 cost reductions on products across all categories such as TVs, smartphones, books, laptops and Amazon’s flagship products such as Echo, the Fire tablet or the Fire TV stick.
With over 100,000 discounts across such a short period of time it can be a bit overwhelming, so here’s our guide on the event along with some top tips to make the most of it:
What is it? Amazon Prime Day is a one-day online shopping event with discounts across a wide range of products – similar to how Black Friday works. This will be the third time the event has been run.
When is it? This year’s Amazon Prime Day begins on Monday 10th July at 6pm BST. The deals will be live for 30 hours.
How do I access it? Amazon Prime Day is only available to Amazon customers who have an Amazon Prime subscription. You can create a 30 day free trial and cancel your membership before the trial ends otherwise the cost is £7.99 per month or £79 a year afterwards.
The deals will be displayed on the main Amazon.co.uk homepage once the sale starts.
- Create a budget – and stick to it. It sounds simple, but you should always resist buying on impulse. You have 30 hours to make a decision, so take it slow and steady!
- Check out the lightning deals section for an opportunity to grab some early bargains.
- Do your research! Use price comparison websites such as camelcamelcamel to see just how good the deal is. If the deal isn’t that much better than the average price, it might be worth waiting for a future sale to get an even better deal.
- If you miss a deal due to the item going out of stock don’t worry. You can click the “Join Waitlist” button on the product page which will send you a notification when it’s back in stock.
- When purchasing a product you can choose “no rush delivery” which will deliver your item in 3-5 days (instead of the next day guaranteed delivery) but give you promotional rewards which you can redeem on things like eBooks and Amazon Video.
- Always check the reviews – Amazon has a great customer review system! A good tip is to take a look at the 1 star reviews of your chosen product to see if there are any common issues, to help you make a more informed decision.