Christmas – some may say that it’s too early to think about it now, but it’s important to prepare for the most
wonderful expensive time of the year!
If you’re looking to spread the cost of your Christmas, our same day loans can help. With PiggyBank you can borrow up to £1000 and repay over 7 days to 5 months – whatever suits your budget. Though short term loans are a great way to cover the cost of this festive season, we want to share with you where you can save on gifts, decorations and other Christmas essentials without having to wait until Black Friday. Amazon Prime Day (celebrated on the 15-16th July 2019) can help with your bargain hunting!
The 48-hour Amazon Prime Day sale will include over 100,000 cost reductions on products across all categories such as TVs, smartphones, books, laptops and Amazon’s flagship products such as Echo, the Fire tablet or the Fire TV stick.
With over 100,000 discounts across such a short period of time it can be a bit overwhelming, so here’s our guide on the event along with some top tips to make the most of it:
What is it? Amazon Prime Day is a one-day online shopping event with discounts across a wide range of products – similar to how Black Friday works. This will be the third time the event has been run.
When is it? This year’s Amazon Prime Day begins on Monday 15th July. The deals will be live for 48 hours.
How do I access it? Amazon Prime Day is only available to Amazon customers who have an Amazon Prime subscription. You can create a 30 day free trial and cancel your membership before the trial ends otherwise the cost is £7.99 per month or £79 a year afterwards.
The deals will be displayed on the main Amazon.co.uk homepage once the sale starts.
- Create a budget – and stick to it. It sounds simple, but you should always resist buying on impulse. You have 30 hours to make a decision, so take it slow and steady!
- Check out the lightning deals section for an opportunity to grab some early bargains.
- Do your research! Use price comparison websites such as camelcamelcamel to see just how good the deal is. If the deal isn’t that much better than the average price, it might be worth waiting for a future sale to get an even better deal.
- If you miss a deal due to the item going out of stock don’t worry. You can click the “Join Waitlist” button on the product page which will send you a notification when it’s back in stock.
- When purchasing a product you can choose “no rush delivery” which will deliver your item in 3-5 days (instead of the next day guaranteed delivery) but give you promotional rewards which you can redeem on things like eBooks and Amazon Video.
- Always check the reviews – Amazon has a great customer review system! A good tip is to take a look at the 1-star reviews of your chosen product to see if there are any common issues, to help you make a more informed decision.