Christmas has come and gone, and now it’s time to forget about the year’s next gift-giving season: Valentine’s Day.
Fortunately this time you don’t have to fret about buying thoughtless and secretly last minute presents from a petrol station on the way to visiting your distant family! February 14th is all about treating your dearly beloved, but make sure you treat responsibly with your finances.
As always, you don’t need to break the bank to give a thoughtful present to your Valentine. If your bank account is still feeling the effects of the festive period there is still a way to spend a hard-earned tenner on ten different gifts to your partner. Enter the pound shop.
Here’s ten different, and importantly, loving gifts to buy for this year’s Valentine’s Day:
- (500) Days of Summer DVD: Starring Joseph Gordon-Levitt opposite Zooey Deschanel, this nonlinear and off-the-wall romantic comedy reflects the highs and lows of their relationship.
- Galaxy Cookie Crumble: Suggest having a night in with a DVD and ensure your romantic evening isn’t without a sweet treat!
- Valentine’s Card: No Valentine’s Day is complete without expressing your love to your other half. For even more brownie points, try making a DIY card with a few scavenged materials and those colouring pencils you got from a that hard-won christmas cracker.
- 300 Silk Rose Petals: Set the mood in your love nest with a scattering of rose petals.
- Heart and Key Keyring: Give your love the key to your heart with this couples keyring.
- EAD Aftershave Set: For Him…
- EAD Perfume Gift Set: And for Her!
- Make a delicious meal for under £1: Surprise your other half with a simple but tasty homemade meal with StepChange’s list of dinners that are not going to break the bank with expensive ingredients. Each of these recipes works out as costing less than a pound.
- Womens Faux Fur Fingerless Gloves: There will still be a winter chill this February, these furry mittens are a lovely gift that will keep you warm until Spring rolls around.
- Six LED Tea Candles: Turn off the ‘big light’ and set out half a dozen of these LED candles for your romantic evening.
Scatter the rose petals, set the table and plump the cushions for a loving evening with these treats. It will seem like you’ve put in a great deal of thought for a lot of gifts, and all for only a tenner!