TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR THE ‘PiggyBank January 2019 Survey (‘the Survey)
This document (together with the documents referred to on it) tells you the contractual terms on which you may enter the Competition (the “Terms”).
We recommend that, if you intend to enter into the survey, you print a copy of these Terms for your future reference.
INFORMATION ABOUT US
- PiggyBank is a trading name of DJS (UK) Limited which is Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority reference number 660382.
- Registered in England No 07952979. DJS (UK) Limited, 28 Avenue Road, Bournemouth, Dorset, BH2 5SL.
- Registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office No. Z3140485.
- To contact us, please visit us at https://www.piggy-bank.co.uk/contact/ or call us on 0800 206 1560
HOW TO ENTER THE PRIZE DRAW
- To enter the prize draw, all you need to do is to submit a completed survey, before the deadline of 31 January 2019.
- Entries received after 11.59pm on 31 January 2019 will not be valid.
RESTRICTIONS ON ENTRY
- All PiggyBank customers can enter the competition and be entered into the prize draw
- No more than one entry per customer
- Providing incorrect information (such as a false name, contact number or email address) will mean that you are ineligible to enter the prize draw
- PiggyBank may disregard any entry it believes has been made in breach of these Terms
- There will be one prize available, which will be chosen at random. The prize is a cash prize of £350.00 which will be sent in the form of a cheque.
RULES AND PROCEDURES
Please note that, first and foremost, the following rules and procedures are not intended to require the results of the survey to only be positive, PiggyBank wants them to reflect the real views of real people.
- Survey answers must relate to your preferences
- Survey answers must be written in good faith and must be honestly believed, appropriate, civil, tasteful and accord with generally accepted standards of etiquette. Survey answers must in particular not:
- be illegal or unlawful under any applicable local, national or international law or regulation;
- infringe any third party’s legal rights (including any copyright, moral right, database right, trade mark right, design right, right in passing off, or other intellectual property right);
- be libellous, maliciously false, harassing or threatening;
- infringe any right of confidence, right of privacy, or right under data protection legislation;
- be fraudulent, have a fraudulent purpose or effect, be in contempt of any court, or in breach of any court order;
- be obscene, offensive, sexually explicit, promote violence or promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- be untrue, false, inaccurate or misleading; or
- constitute spam
- Please note that PiggyBank may contact you on the details provided to discuss your survey answers or account.
SELECTING THE WINNER
- PiggyBank will draw one winner
- The winner will be selected at random by a computer generated number from the qualifying responses which were received before the cut off date outlined
- PiggyBank will attempt to contact the winner by email, phone or via social media. PiggyBank reserves the right to redraw if the winner cannot reasonably be contacted within 7 days of the draw.
- The winner will be notified by email and we will require a full name for the cheque and a postal address to send it to.
- The prize will be sent within 7 days of the winner’s confirmation of full name and postal address.
PRIVACY AND PUBLICITY
- The winner’s first name may be announced on PiggyBank social media channels, within 6 weeks of the prize draw.
- The winner may be asked to take part in free publicity surrounding their win but participation in such publicity is not compulsory.
OUR LIABILITY TO YOU
- If PiggyBank fails to comply with these terms it will be responsible for the loss or damage which you suffer which is a foreseeable result of its breach of the terms or its negligence. However, PiggyBank will not be responsible for loss or damage which is not foreseeable or which is outside of PiggyBank’s reasonable control.
- No responsibility or liability will be accepted by PiggyBank for entries which are not received or are lost in transmission for any reason. Proof of sending the transmission will not be accepted as proof of entry. Corrupted, damaged, unintelligible, inaudible or incomplete entries will be invalid.
- Discretion: Where these terms refer to exercise of an discretion by PiggyBank such discretion shall be absolute and no correspondence shall be entered into regarding any associated decisions.
- Events beyond our control: Events may occur that render the Survey itself or the selection of the winners impractical due to reasons beyond PiggyBank’s control. We may, at our discretion, make such variations or amendments to the prize draw as we feel are necessary as a result of such events.
- Cancellation of the Survey: PiggyBank reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition in whole or in part at any time. PiggyBank will have no liability to you or to any third-party, as a result of such change.
- Entire Agreement: These terms (together with the documents referred to in them) constitute the entire agreement between you and PiggyBank in relation to your entry to the Competition, and supersede and extinguish all previous agreements in respect of the Competition
- Variation: We may update these terms from time to time. We will notify you of any changes via email. These changes will take effect from once such notice has been given.
- Other promotions: Any other promotions run by PiggyBank will be governed by their own separate terms and conditions.
- Applicable Law: These terms and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with them or their subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales.