If you’re reading this article it’s likely that you’ve come to the PiggyBank website because you’re interested in applying for a cash loan. Or perhaps you’re just looking for a little more information on what the different options are out there for short term loans?
If the second is true, we don’t blame you! With so many different short term lenders out there, it can be difficult to work out what cash loan option is the right one for you.
We’ll try to keep it simple and start by explaining:
What is a cash loan?
The most common cash loan you’ll find is an unsecured short term cash loan. Sometimes these are called payday loans and there are certainly lots of them out there.
You’ll notice that some companies will offer a cash or payday loan that is secured. This means that the loan will be guaranteed against something you own like your house, car or even sometimes against another person who has agreed to pay if you’re not able to (a guarantor cash loan).
Now you understand cash loans, how do you know which one to apply for?
One thing it’s always really important to do when you are looking at cash loans or short term loans in general is to do your homework! If you’re looking at a secured loan, this is especially important. You don’t want to go promising your house, car, kitchen sink to a company unless you’re 100% confident you can afford the amount you’re borrowing! To make this job a little less time consuming, there are a few payday comparison sites available to make sure you get the best deal such as www.thelendinglist.co.uk and www.moneyadvice.co.uk.
The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) introduced new rules in July 2014 to make sure all cash loan companies are lending safely and responsibly. One of the first things to check when you visit a cash loan website is that they're on the FCA Register. To do this, look for a registration number (usually found at the foot of the page) and look at their details of the FCA Register at https://register.fca.org.uk/.
At PiggyBank, we always try and make it as easy as possible for you to understand exactly what to expect when you apply for one of our short term cash loans. We pride ourselves on being responsible and reliable and we carry out extensive checks on every loan application received to make sure we offer a consistent, safe service.
What a PiggyBank cash loan is -
- Responsible - We want anybody who gets a PiggyBank cash loan to be able to afford to pay it back without getting into financial difficulties. A short term cash loan should never be a long term solution to financial problems. All our cash loans are unsecured. Since we’ve done everything we know we can to make sure you can afford our loan, we won’t ask you to guarantee it against anything you own.
- Simple and transparent - You can apply for our cash loans online and the application process is quick and easy. It’s a PiggyBank promise that we won’t be hiding any information from you, when we talk about the interest and fees on our cash loans, we show you all the details. What you see is what you get with our short term loans.
- Quick - We understand at PiggyBank that when an unexpected expense comes up, you need your cash loan quickly. Whether it’s to fix your car so you can get to work or buy a new microwave, we don’t ask you to justify it. We just make sure that you can definitely afford it and once we know you can, our highest priority is getting the cash to you as quickly as possible. That’s why PiggyBank use a “faster payment” method for all their cash loans - which means we aim to have the money in your account within an hour of you being approved.
Before you take out a PiggyBank short term loan, you need to ask yourself whether borrowing money is the right thing for you. If you can cut down on your spending or put off buying something until you’ve saved for it, do that. If you are borrowing money to make repayments on other loans and debts, you may be in a vicious circle and it might not be the best thing to do. If you think you need help with your debts, you can contact the Step Change Debt Charity service at www.stepchange.org.
Why Choose Us?
- Direct Lender
- No Payout Fee
- No Hidden Costs
- Fast Online Application
- Multiple Repayment Options
- 100% UK Based
- Fully Authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority
Amount of credit £250.00 for 30 days
Total amount payable £310.00
Interest rate 292% (fixed)
Compare different lenders on a Financial Conduct Authority approved price comparison website. We use money.co.uk