Cookies on the PiggyBank Website
What is a Short Term Loan?
A short term loan is a short term cash solution that is used to cover an unforeseen expense that might arise due to a family emergency, an unexpected bill, a problem with the car, or needing to replace a broken appliance.
PiggyBank short term loans are flexible! You can borrow from £100 to £1000, and choose to pay it back from 7 days up to 5 months.
We also offer instalment loans if you'd like to borrow a little extra, or just want to spread out your repayments.
What's the Process?
Use the slider to choose your short term loan amount from £100 up to £1000. You can choose to repay anywhere from 7 days up to 5 months.
Complete our simple online applicaiton form. We'll ask you for your personal details, your employment information, your income and expenditure, and your bank account details.
We will assess all the information you provide, send you a mobile pin and if approved we aim to pay your loan out within an hour.
What if I Can't Repay?
We understand that sometimes your circumstances can change for the worse in a way that’s completely out of your control.
If this happens, it’s our “PiggyBank promise” to you that we’ll be understanding and work with you to come up with a resolution to get your short term loan paid back.
It’s a process we call “Responsible Collections” and it’s all part of our philosophy of making finance a friendlier and more human place for our customers.
PiggyBank Short Term Loan Facts
The world of short term loans can be a very scary and confusing place. Here at PiggyBank, we know this and we also understand that the last thing you want is to make a serious mistake when it comes to your finances. That’s why when we talk about our loans; we try to keep things as simple as possible.
So here are six plain and simple facts about our short term loans:
- A PiggyBank loan is a short term cash loan that is intended to be used to pay for an unforeseen expense. e.g. a broken washing machine, car repairs etc.
- The first time you borrow a short term loan from PiggyBank you can apply for £100 to £400 for a short term loan, or £150 - £1000 for an instalment loan, subject to our affordability and application checks. This is because we never want to lend more than would be affordable.
- If you have passed our extensive affordability, credit and bank account verification checks and have been accepted for a PiggyBank short term loan, we’ll aim to have the money in your account within an hour.
- Your PiggyBank short term loan application is 100% online.
- Unlike some other short term lenders, PiggyBank won’t charge you any penalty fees for settling your short term loan early. You are also made aware of all our fees before you sign the loan agreement.
The representative APR of 1270% that we have to display is a legal requirement set out by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and the Consumer Credit Act. A lot of people get worried when they see it, but we don’t actually charge our customers 1270% interest! We don’t like confusing, so we’ll try to give you the facts:
- PiggyBank does NOT charge 1000’s of percent in interest for our short term loans. Our actual interest is only 0.80% per day. We’re proud to say this makes us one of the most cost effective short term lenders in the market.
Before you take out a PiggyBank short term loan, you need to ask yourself whether borrowing money is the right thing for you. If you can cut down on your spending or put off buying something until you’ve saved for it, do that. If you are borrowing money to make repayments on other loans and debts, you may be in a vicious circle and it might not be the best thing to do. If you think you need help with your debts, you can contact the Step Change Debt Charity service at www.stepchange.org.
Independent Feedback based on 467 verified reviews as of 23/03/2017